Wednesday 27 April 2011

meeting a fellow maker

I had a great time yesterday when I was invited into the studio of Clare Maryan Green - http://www.claresbeautifulwindows.co.uk/  - she has been working with glass for 25 years now and has her work in many public buildings, churches, NT properties and also does restoration to damaged windows.
Amongst a hundred other things we talked about, she encouraged me to try working with reclaimed metals and showed me a whole cupboard of cable which she had saved from landfill and recycles into her work.  Excited by this I took some home and stripped it.

Then I started playing around with the strands and made a 'random' ball from one strand of the beautifully shiny and soft copper wire.  Then another!  Seen here with one made in lilac enamelled wire.
I HAVE to stop playing now and get on with some work - but am interested to see how the copper will change over the next few weeks now it is exposed to air/sun etc.

Clare and I will be showing our work, here in Lynton, during Devon Open Studios in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment