Sunday 12 June 2011

Art Trek - 1st weekend

After a 2 week break, I'm back at work and fully re-charged. 

This is the first weekend of Art Trek, which is part of the North Devon Festival where lots of makers and artists open the doors of their studios and workshops to the public for 3 weekends in June.


As you can see, I'm in the beautiful Gallery @ 500ft because my workshop is on the 4th floor of a building and not very accessible to the public!  I tried to make the table I'm sitting at like my own workbench - although it's not as messy and muddled as it is in real life - yet :-)

Visitors have enjoyed trying their hand at working with wire and making simple rings.  They have been amazed how much work goes into a single piece of jewellery - which is very satisfying and helps people understand what being a maker involves.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. Nice blog. You have shared useful information. Keep up the good work! Your blog is really interesting and provides good details. copper wire suppliers, copper wire manufacturers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder where you get inspiration. cheap furniture storeKeep doing great job guys.

    ReplyDelete